Sunday, January 16, 2011

Process Piece

I'm glad that I got an opportunity to talk about racism and more specifically racism towards the Islamic and Muslim people. 9/11 happened when I was a freshmen in high school and has played such an enormous role in my life. Over the past decade I have grown up listening and watching our country as we have invaded Iraq and declared a "war on terrorism". I have always felt that was a BS way of naming an invansion of another country. If we are declaring a "war on terrorism" what about all of the domestic terrorism that we deal with in the US? What about all of the white males in the US who commit deadly crimes daily? One act from the Muslim people and all of sudden we declare war on them? The stigma, as Tim Wise said in his lecture, sticks to no white person in this country. Privilege blinds us and fuels racism in this country.

Working on this powerpoint was not difficult for me because I have used powerpoint before. Trying to import it into a movie was very difficult. However, I am glad I had the opportunity to make a movie discussing racism and voice my opinions and get some facts in there as well.

Resources Used:
www.wikipedia.org
www.fbi.gov

No comments:

Post a Comment